The purpose of the Federation of Pediatric Organizations (FOPO) is to promote optimal health for children by building on the efforts and expertise of the member organizations, and on the relationships between the member organizations to accomplish shared goals. The Federation is organized and shall operate as a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit corporation under Virginia law.
FOPO shall pursue this purpose by:
- Building strong relationships, communication, and connectivity among member organizations.
- Responding effectively to critical issues impacting the health of children and the profession of pediatrics.
- Building on the visions and activities of the member organizations to create effective partnerships on behalf of children.
- Taking action and engaging in other activities, as the Board of Directors may determine.
- Facilitate communication among member organizations.
- Develop consensus by these organizations on certain policy matters.
- Transmit those developed and agreed-upon policies to member organizations and the pediatric community.
- Take action under the direction of the Board of Directors.
To learn more about the history of FOPO, please click here.
To read the by-laws, please click here.
Focus for 2019-2020 is to ensure all kids get counted in the 2020 Census!