- Promote high quality education and training of pediatricians both in residency and throughout their careers.
- Foster research and the development of new knowledge for the improvement of children's health and well being.
- Promote the provision of quality health care to children (birth to age 21).
- Promote education of the public, the government, and other organizations regarding development and maintenance of high standards of care.
- Facilitate communication among member organizations.
- Develop consensus by these organizations on certain policy matters.
- Transmit those developed and agreed-upon policies to member organizations and the pediatric community.
- Take action under the direction of the Board of Directors.